Thursday, May 30, 2013

"What are you on Ms. Young...?"

Sooooooooooooo, I have become a fan of meditation. 

I find it as spiritually relaxing.  I believe when you allow yourself to feel every part of your body, from the ends of your hair, to the tips f your toes and allow only positive energy there...you're more able to stay focused on positivity.  This concept is not new or anything...it's not crazy or weird, it's really just focusing your energy without distractions. Honestly, meditation allows you to center your thoughts and refocus them if necessary.

I think the thoughts in our heads are so powerful and if we allow only productive, positive, and encouraging thoughts there that is what we attract.  If we allow negative, ugly, complaining mess there then that is what we attract.

Ask yourself, when you walk in to a room does it light up?  What do you bring to each space that you encounter?  How do you leave others after an encounter?

I believe each encounter you have, and each space you enter is an opportunity to touch someone and to spread something positive or encouraging.  One thing I have learned, is you never know what someone is going through.  Be that person to lift others up...

Funny, I've had several people on SEVERAL occasions (students mainly) ask me, "What are you on, Ms. Young?" or "Do you have ADHD?"  (no offense but this is what they asked) or "What do you do to stay so happy and bubbly??"  It's simple...no matter what I am going through I CHOOSE to focus my thoughts on all of the blessings in my life!  I believe in the power of positivity.  Try it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment