Sunday, February 17, 2013

Week 3: Going-Natural Hair and Modeling Challenge - Kumba Out...VOTE!

Hey friends!

This week was SO fun.  I got to try some new products and a new hairstyle called the Kumba Out.  This style originates from Suriname, in South America. A country I didn't know much about, but it's RICH in diversity from people from India, China, Africa and much more!  The hairstyles really reflect these deep roots.

The Kumba Out  It's an easy twist and tuck style that I would definitely recommend!

After you wash your hair you should let you hair air dry a little bit (or if you are in a hurry use a dryer/blow dryer)  then take your hair in sections (I did about 14) and twist individual sections from root to tip. Then take the tip and tuck it back up in to the root.  Continue to do this all over your head.  I'd use a silky type wrap to sleep in and then in the morning take out the twists when the hair is completely dry.  This style elongates the curl and with the right products makes your hair soft and very manageable.  I used Going-Naturals Curly Twist out Hair Milk, and the Silky Shea Hair Butter!  LOVE them.

Check out the link below for pictures on how to do he style, then VOTE for me!  Thanks for your support.

1. http://going-natural.com/kumba-out/
2. Scroll down until you find me.
3. VOTE...5 Stars please!  :)  hehe

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment