Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"She did WHAT?"

Everyone has a story.

Nothing is black and white.

I hear these sayings ALL the time.  But, as someone who agrees that yes you never know what someone has been through and things are NEVER completely as we assume, I don't think I conscientiously, take this into account at all times in my actual thinking... which causes me to JUDGE.

Several instances I find myself judging others, not necessarily maliciously, mostly in my head...then being angry at myself when I find out how wrong I am about someone... "She did what?"  "He went where?"  "Oh, no...they are doin TOO much."

What I have realized is that most of the instances, (where I judge and then find out the real story) has to do with an area where I am insecure.  BOOM, said Lyds. Thats some serious self-reflection!!!

Be honest, do you do that too?  If not on purpose, it's got to be subconsciously.

I think it is important to be conscious of our judgements and where we place judgment because it is SO HURTFUL.  I understand that it's human nature.  But I think we judge to lift ourselves up (even when aren't even thinking about doing this...) Its a mechanism to help us deal with or (be in denial with) issues we are going through or trying to ignore.

Try to remember EVERYDAY and in EVERY situation that EVERYONE has a story and nothing is black and white.


1 comment:

  1. you have a blog thats amazing! i love it! i wish to one day blog as well.

    ReplyDelete