Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"Baggage-ed Advice"

As a person who loves and cares for her friends, I know that my friends love me right back.  With that said, I am a very private person - most describe me that way because I don't share much about me...often, or unless asked explicitly.  And there is a reason for that...actually reason(s), but here is one.

I have come to believe...

1). A lot of times friends give advice based on their own baggage instead of thinking about the best interest of their friend.

 OR

2). Friends, no matter how good their intentions are, can't give you the advice you need because they haven't walked in your shoes.

***Side note - sometimes we have to be careful who we call our friends ***

Being a friend and also one who receives advice - I think it's important for me to be in a place where I can share advice that is as BEST as it can be for my friends and also receive advice understanding the baggage they carry.  This isn't to say that friends will never understand....but I guess it kind of is... friends and those not in your head or your situation probably won't completely understand a given situation...even if they have gone through something similar.

My advice...as a sharer and receiver: use discernment and love your friends through their "baggage-ed"advice, AND definitely think about who you call a FRIEND.


No comments:

Post a Comment